Fort Lauderdale, FL – November 5, 2021 – The U.S. Superyacht Association (USSA) is pleased to announce the 2021-2022 Board of Directors that were elected in October 2021.
Diane M. Byrne, (MegayachtNews.com) will begin her role as Chair. She is joined on the Executive Committee by Bert Fowles, (IGY Marinas) as Vice Chair and Kate Pearson, (Safe Harbor Marinas) as Past Chair, Joe Dargavage, (Romora Bay & United Island & Yacht) and Rick Gladych, (Mid-American Marine Contracting, LLC) as Advocacy Co-Chairs, Dan Cowens, (Oasis Marinas) and Julie Perry, (Workonayacht.com) as Marketing Co-Chairs, and Zack Savage, (Underwater Lights) and Julie Berry, (CBRE Capital Markets | Marina & Shipyard Properties) as Membership Co-Chairs.
Bob Allen, (Robert Allen Law Firm) will continue as Governance and John Fitzgerald, (Saunders Yacht Works) as Treasurer.
Regional Board Members:
- Leah Yam – Marine Group Boat Works (Southwest)
- Marty Marchant – Westport, LLC (Northwest)
- Jim Ruffolo – Burger Boat Company (Great Lakes)
- Mike Yorston – AERE Marine Group (Northeast)
- Scott Walter – Shore Premier Finance (Mid-Atlantic)
- Cliff DeFreitas – Safe Harbor Rybovich (Southeast)
- Jim Berulis – Savannah Yacht Center
- Audrey Hodgdon – Hodgdon Yachts
- Chuck Levert – Tampa Ship/Ediston Chouest Group
- James Maitland – Lewis Marine Supply
- Ted McCumber – Feadship America
- Melissa Orlick
- Brian Schmitt – H2 Project – Superyacht Builder/Owner
- JB Turner – Front Street Shipyard
“The USSA has been very fortunate to have strong board members dedicated to helping grow the organization,” said Kitty McGowan, USSA President. “with the assistance of these dynamic representatives at the board level, we are able to draw on their energy, ideas and skills. This combination of regional Board positions and those elected at large, have helped to further propel the USSA to the next level and position us as a vibrant national Association.”
The U.S. Superyacht Association (USSA) is a non-profit trade association incorporated in 2006, whose mission is to promote and support the U.S. Superyacht Industry and its members worldwide through advocacy, marketing and education. For more information, visit our website at ussuperyacht.com or call 954-792-8666.